So this is how I chose to “punish” my body for today:
- Flutter Kick
- Bicycle Crunch
- Plank Crawl
- Right Side Plank with Oblique Twist
- Left Side Plank with Oblique Twist
- Mountain Climber
- Press-up with Oblique Crunch
At your highest intensity, The bicycle, burpee and mountain climber will get you all nice and sweaty, while all of the other stuff will help to really shred your core. By the time you get to the last exercise in the sequence, you should be practically wasted and struggling to do what amounts to a 3-point press-up with an added kick to your obliques. If you’re a real glutton for punishment, try doing this twice at maximum intensity!
- Seated Overhead Dumbbell Press (8kg, 6kg, 4kg)
- Walking Lunge with Dumbbells (8kg, 6kg, 4kg)
- I lunge down the corridor a few times, so it ends up being between 10 & 20 meters rather than to failure so that my knees don’t give out.
- “Plate” Raise with alternating twist (8kg, 6kg, 4kg)
- I don’t have plates at the weights I want, so I raise a dumbbell instead.
- Kneeling Dumbbell Row (8kg, 6kg, 4kg)
- Lat Pull-down (Heavy Resistance Band)
- I treat the resistance band as if I am pulling on a cable with weight attached, so it’s done to failure also, and I can always double the band over or increase it’s stretch to add “weight” as needed.
With the exception of the lunges, I lift weights to failure in 3 sets, and I don’t bother counting the reps.
One of these days I’m going to need to remember to ask my wife to help me take some photos so I can show you what all of these exercises look like!
- 48 days as a Caveman & my latest workouts (diaryofapersonaltrainer.wordpress.com)
- Working out using the Tabata Method (diaryofapersonaltrainer.wordpress.com)